What is a WaterSave treatment?
A WaterSave treatment is a granular water management application. This advanced treatment helps your lawn manage the water in it’s soil zone more efficiently.
During the warmer drier periods of the year, it will help your lawn retain water more efficiently. During the colder wetter periods, it will help water flow through the soil more efificiently to reduce excessive saturation that is common on clay and compacted soil.
This means your lawn should stay greener for longer during dry spells, and reduce the yellowing you will often see with over-saturated lawns.
The application helps in the following ways:
- Without a WaterSave treatment, water will find it hard to penetrate soils that are prone to compaction. Instead, alot of the water will be evaporated or wil run off the soil before it gets a chance to soak in. A WaterSave treatment allows the water to soak in to the soil, and does so in a more evenly distrubuted way.
- WaterSave holds the water around the root-zone for alot longer during dry spells. Without a WaterSave treatment, water will continue to flow down through the soil in to areas that the grass plant’s roots cannot reach.
- WaterSave reduces the frequency watering. For example, instead of watering your lawn every day during the very dry periods of the year, by applying a WaterSave treatment, you will get the same effect from watering your lawn just once every 3 to 4 days.
- During the wetter months of the year, water can often sit around the root zone of the grass plants for too long, causing the grass plants to turn yellow. A WaterSave treatment will help manage the water around the root zone, reducing the potential for yellowing of the grass plants.
- WaterSave can help to reduce the effects of Fairy Rings and Localised Compaction by giving the grass plants access to water.
- If you lawn suffers from thatch
When is the best time of year to apply a WaterSave treatment?
WaterSave treatments can be applied anytime of the year, but they are most effective when applied in spring, summer or autumn.
What do I need to do before a WaterSave treatment is applied?
If the ground is dry, water your lawn until the soil is wet to a depth of around half an inch. This is usally about an hour of watering.
What do I need to do following a WaterSave treatment?
If there is no rain due in the 24 to 48 hours after we have applied the treatment, you should water your lawn in line with our watering advice.
We would also recommend not using the lawn until after the it has been watered, whether that be from you watering it or from a good rainfall.